iPhone camera lens captures impressive images with vibrant colors and clear focus, but what if you could improve your photos even more? Yes, you can get more frame-worthy group portraits during your family gathering or a stunning wacky selfie in the middle of the busiest city center.
These iPhone photography tips will surely help you utilize your gadget to its fullest potential. Read on.
Explore how the camera feature works beyond shooting.
Recently, Apple bolstered iPhone 14 Pro's camera with improved Action Mode, Photogenic Engine, etc. With its trio camera at the back that includes a 12MP ultra-wide lens, another 12 MP telephoto lens and a 48 MP wide-angle lens, the iPhone 14 Pro is equipped with that.
Featuring second-generation OIS (optical image stabilization), your iPhone will absolutely give you a DSLR-quality feel. As a result, you can take clearer photos even in low-light conditions.
So as much as possible, adjust your settings! Here are some tricks from Dropguys you can try:
- Use gridlines to compose your shots better. Gridlines help you balance the image's composition and create interesting photo angles. All you have to do is to open Settings > Camera > then enable the 'Grid' toggle button.
- Capture motion with Burst Mode. This feature enables you to rapidly take 10-15 shots in just a matter of seconds. When your subject is moving, Burst Mode will help you capture their action more clearly and accurately. It's simple – all you have to do is hold the shutter button when taking pictures.
- Utilize ProRAW for professional-level editing. The iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max let you take RAW photos, meaning they capture more data and allow you to edit further. With this feature, you can easily adjust tones, contrast, and other post-processing effects!
- Stick to HDR when shooting outdoors. High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode helps preserve details in the photo's bright and dark areas. To activate it, just open Settings > Camera > then toggle 'HDR'.
- Bring your images to life with Night Mode feature. If you want to capture beautiful shots at night or in dimly-lit environments, iPhone's Night mode will help you do just that! This feature automatically adjusts exposure, white balance and other settings to take clearer and brighter photos in any lighting condition.
Creating a beautiful composition
Depending on what kind of photography you're into, there are a few tips you can follow to help you create beautiful compositions.
Use the Rule of Thirds.
This technique helps you divide your image into thirds, both horizontally and vertically, creating nine sections in total. The idea is to place your subject along one of the lines or at an intersection point so that it's neither too centered nor too off-balance.
Landscape photography? Make sure to include foreground elements. A great trick for taking captivating landscape shots is to include a foreground element in your photo. This can be anything from a person, an animal or even just rocks and trees. It helps create more depth and brings the whole scene together.
Utilize contrasting colors for more impactful photos.
Using contrasting colors in your photos can make them stand out. For example, you can pair bright red with light blues and greens for a striking image. Experiment by playing around with different color combinations and see what works best!
Try different angles to add more dynamism to your shots.
Wanna bring your Instagram photos using your new iPhone 14 Pro Max? Then playing with angles is definitely one of your best bets. Move around the subject and try to take photos from different directions. You can take a photo from above, below or even at an angle – get creative and see what kind of results you can achieve!
Low-angle shots can also create a unique perspective. Try taking photos from a low angle to make your subject feel larger than life. This will give the impression of power and dominance in the shot.
Include Depth in Your Photos.
By playing with foreground and background elements, you can create an image that feels deeper and more interesting to look at. Also, you don't always have to use the same focal length when taking a photo – experiment with different shooting angles and distances so that your photos come alive!
Buy iPhone accessories that will help you take better photos.
If you want to take the best possible photos with your iPhone, some accessories can help. For example, a tripod can keep your phone steady when taking long exposures and shooting in low-light conditions. A wide-angle lens will also give you more flexibility for capturing grand landscapes or group shots.
Don't forget to include some lens protectors or even a protective iPhone case to keep your device safe and secure.
Follow these tips to take amazing photos with your iPhone! With a bit of practice and experimentation, you'll be able to create stunning shots in no time. And if you ever feel stuck, don't forget to look for inspiration – plenty of incredible photography is out there!